If you are not seeing student progress in Texas College Bridge reports, there is a good chance that your student is working in the wrong place.
All Texas College Bridge students must do their work in the Texas College Bridge-specific EdReady site or it will not be counted.
It is incumbent upon teachers to ensure that they are seeing progress for each student in Texas College Bridge reports, not just on the student's screen during class time. All EdReady sites look essentially the same, so it may appear that the student is actively working, but they can still be in the wrong place.
On-screen differences to look for:
- The Texas College Bridge logo at the top of the screen.
- The URL in the address bar MUST start with tx.edready.org. The tx is the important part. If you do not see tx, or you see something else in its place, then your student is in the wrong site.
- Names of goals will have your ISD and current cohort year. If you see anything else in the student's goal names, such as College Prep or ACT/TABE Prep, they are not in TCB goals.
How To Resolve
If you find that a student is in the wrong place, have them stop work immediately. The solution will depend on the circumstances. Use the following guidelines to determine how to proceed. Please read ALL of these notes carefully, as there are some important caveats.
- Do they have an account in Texas College Bridge? If not, they need to start fresh with the appropriate registration link for your district.
- Do they know how to log in to TCB? They must start at https://texascollegebridge.org (or more specifically, the portal login screen at https://texascollegebridge.nrocportal.org/login, which they will get to via the main website link.)
- Students should NOT deactivate their EdReady.org account to solve this problem. It will only make confirming their TCB account more complicated. If this happens, contact support.
- If they are making a NEW account in TCB after using the public EdReady.org site, they MUST use their email address as their username when they register for TCB to prevent conflicts with confirmation. If this happens, contact support.
- If students are having any login or progress problems, work with the student and/or contact support to resolve them. Working on a different EdReady site is not a solution to login or other account problems.
If you have any questions or problems getting the student moving forward on the correct site for Texas College Bridge, contact us for help using the "Submit a request" link at the top of the screen or the "Help" button at the bottom of the screen.