This article contains the following information:
EdReady tracks each testing activity your students complete, starting with the initial diagnostic as well as every topic and unit test. Looking at the details available here can be useful to understand the students who are testing in rapid succession (i.e. not taking time to visit the Learn resources in-between tests). You can also review the individual questions a student saw during a test to better understand the concepts they may be struggling to understand.
You can review these details at any time, but especially will want to dig in for students that stand out in the classroom-level reports (more info) or who have a concerning ratio of testing vs learning seen on their Overview report (more info).
Accessing the on-screen reports
There are two ways to access the detailed reports for a student: which one you'll want to use may vary depending on where you're starting from.
From the Advanced Reports dashboard:
- Click on the Student Data tab
- In this table, locate the student you're interested in and click the Study Path Details link
- You will see a pop-up window: select the goal & study path you're interested in to be taken to the detailed student reports.
- The Student Overview report will open by default: click on the Tests Taken tab.
From the Study Paths reports:
If you're already looking at the reports for a study path, you can easily access a student's detailed reports for that study path from the Student Data / Summary report by clicking on the Details link. The Overview report will open by default: click on the Tests Taken tab.
To navigate to this page:
- From your reports dashboard, ensure you are on the Study Paths with Student Activity tab (this will be open by default when you first log in)
- In this table, locate the study path you're interested in and click the Reports link
- Click on the Student Data tab (the Summary report will open by default)
- Click the Details link in the Actions column for the desired student.
- The Overview report will open by default: click on the Tests Taken tab.
Key Student Data
As you look to review a student's test activity, the following sections are helpful to review. (A complete look at all the details on-screen: more info)
Each testing activity is listed, in the order they were completed. Here you can see when each test was completed: if the timestamps are back-to-back, the student is not taking time to visit the study resources in-between test attempts.
Click the Details link for any test to see the specific questions the student encountered. You can review these questions, including the answer the student provided, the correct answer, and the learning objectives covered.
To help keep answers secure, students do not have the ability to review their test questions. Many instructors find this information useful to review with students (for example, by sharing your screen in a virtual meeting) to help explain why they may have gotten the question incorrect.