This article contains the following information:
School List Overview
Before students or teachers can be associated with their school, an EdReady Administrator needs to create the master list of schools for users in your ISD.
You can use whatever naming convention is appropriate for your ISD, but we recommend the following:
- If your users will be manually registering (standard practice), enter the school names your users will recognize: your students will be asked to select their school as part of the registration process.
- If your users will be signing in via single sign-on (not available for new districts), you will need to enter your schools as they will be sent from your system. Most likely this will be an ID for each school versus the school name.
Creating High Schools
1. Login to EdReady
2. Click the Manage Account button from your EdReady dashboard to access the administrative pages in EdReady.
3. You will land on the Groups tab: click the Edit icon () for your ISD
4. Click on the Categories tab to see all available categories, then click the Edit icon () for the category you'd like to edit: High School
Note: you will initially be taken to the General Information tab for this Category: we have enabled and recommend you keep the 'Required On Register' setting enabled. This will ensure that students must select a school when they first log in if they don't already have one assigned.
5. Click on the Values tab
6. Click on the Create value button to add a category value:
7. A pop-up window will appear: enter the name of one school and click the Save button
IMPORTANT: category values may not contain many special characters - commas, slashes, and colons are not accepted. Dashes, underscores, and spaces are all fine.
8. After saving, you will see an on-screen confirmation message and your school will be listed in the table:
Editing High Schools
Once schools have been created, their label can be either edited and they can be deleted if they are no longer needed.
Navigate to your ISD's Category Values list for the Category you want to edit (steps #1-6 above)
To edit a Value:
1. Click the Edit icon () for the item you want to update
2. A pop-up window will appear: edit the Name for this category Value and click the Save button.
3. Click the Cancel button to close the pop-up window.
To delete a Value:
1. Click the Delete icon () for the item you want to delete
2. A pop-up window will appear: click Confirm to complete the deletion