This article contains the following information:
Before students or teachers can be associated with their math and/or English section, an EdReady Administrator needs to create the master list of sections for users in your ISD.
You can use whatever naming convention is appropriate for your ISD, but we recommend the following:
- If your students will self-identify their class section(s), we suggest naming these so that they are descriptive. Remember that your students will see all sections across the ISD so you should include the school name/ abbreviation. A common format is: “School - Semester - Teacher - Class”, ex: “AHS - Fall 21 - Jones- 2nd Period”
- If your users are signing in via a legacy SSO system (no longer available for new setups) and your system will be automatically assigning sections, you will need to enter your sections as they will be sent from your system. Most likely this will be an ID for each section versus a name or label.
1. Login to EdReady
2. Click the Manage Account button from your EdReady dashboard to access the administrative pages in EdReady.
3. You will land on the Groups tab: click the Edit icon () for your ISD
4. Click on the Categories tab to see all available categories, then click the Edit icon () for the category you'd like to edit: Section: Math or Section: English
Note: you will initially be taken to the General Information tab for this Category: we have disabled and recommend you keep the 'Required On Register' setting OFF. This will ensure that students can select a section but will not be forced to if they are not studying that subject.
5. Click on the Values tab
6. Click on the Create value button to add a category value:
7. A pop-up window will appear: enter the name of one section and click the Save button
IMPORTANT: category values may not contain many special characters - commas, slashes, and colons are not accepted. Dashes, underscores, and spaces are all fine.
8. After saving, you will see an on-screen confirmation message and your section will be listed in the table:
Once sections have been created, their label can be either edited and they can be deleted if they are no longer needed.
Navigate to your ISD's Category Values list for the Category you want to edit (steps #1-6 above)
To edit a Value:
1. Click the Edit icon () for the item you want to update
2. A pop-up window will appear: edit the Name for this category Value and click the Save button.
3. Click the Cancel button to close the pop-up window.
To delete a Value:
1. Click the Delete icon () for the item you want to delete
2. A pop-up window will appear: click Confirm to complete the deletion