This is a consolidated list of tips and workarounds for various registration issues students may face. It is a point of reference if you are having multiple students with registration concerns, and need clarity on how to proceed. Of course you can always reach out to our team for help, using the "Submit a request" link at the top of the screen.
- The student should use a current email address where they can immediately receive email. It does not have to be their school address.
- The username the student selects is important, because that is how they will log in. It cannot match the username of any other student across the entire EdReady ecosystem, so we cannot guarantee that the username they want to use will be available.
- Usernames cannot be changed.
- Usernames can be retrieved by doing a password reset. The reset email will include the username.
- Using the student's email address as the username can be a convenient way to make it unique. However, if the student's email address changes in the future, we cannot change the username, so they would still need to use their old email address to log in.
- Password resets use the email address on file, as do other system and progress notifications. For this reason, the email address the student uses must be accurate. We send out a confirmation email immediately to the student.
- If the student does not receive the confirmation email, they may have had a typo in the email address. They can try creating a new account, and if the correct email address already exists in the system, you'll know that a typo is not the cause.
- If the student does not confirm their account within 24-72 hours, the account will be dropped and they must register again.
- Student accounts can be manually confirmed by a teacher or admin in Texas College Bridge who can see the student's account. If the student made the correct section and high school selections when they created the account, then their own teacher would be able to manually confirm the account. If not, a higher level admin would be able to see the account and manually confirm it. However, in such a case, it is important that the email address is verified for accuracy. The email address can be edited by an admin.