This article contains the following information:
You may need to add a subject to a student's account for a couple of reasons:
- If a student registered to use only math or English in Texas College Bridge, the other subject can be added to their existing account.
- If a student is returning to Texas College Bridge from a previous school year, they won't automatically have the new school year's goal assigned but the math and/or English goals for this school year can be added to their existing account
Any user that has permission to see/edit a student account (based on their assigned High School and/or Sections) can add a subject. In EdReady, the subject is called a "Goal".
Note: we never want a student to register a secondary account to study another subject. To ensure accurate reporting to TEA, encourage your students to use an existing account.
Add Subject to Student
- Login to EdReady and click Manage Account
- Click on the Students tab at the top of the page.
- Click the Edit button for the student you want to update
- Click the student’s Goals tab
- Click the “+” button to add a goal (subject) to a student’s account
NOTE: in addition to the math and/or English goal the student needs to study, we recommend assigning all your students the College and Career Support goal. This is new for the 23-24 school year and allows your students to access these resources from directly inside Texas College Bridge. (More information available here.)
Remove Subject from a Student
Once a student has been given access to study a subject, it cannot be removed from their account through the EdReady interface. If a goal has been mistakenly assigned and you want to prevent a student from working in it, please submit a support ticket so our technical support team can make that edit.