This article contains the following information:
A student will first need to submit their essay for grading: until a student has written and submitted their essay, there will be nothing for their teacher to see or do. Once it has been submitted, it can be reviewed: the reviewer can highlight areas of the writing and add comments, and add a grade.
Teacher and Administrative users in Texas College Bridge will be automatically subscribed to the notifications that allow them to see when a student they manage has submitted an essay. If you feel as though you are not subscribed correctly, or you don't want to be subscribed, you can find additional guidance here: Subscribing to Notifications
Note: for new user accounts, this automatic subscription happens nightly, so you will not be immediately notified about essays submitted on the same day your account was created.
New Submissions Banners
You will be alerted in two places when you have a new essay ready for grading. Clicking on either one will take you to the Notifications Dashboard, where you can access and grade the essay(s).
The first banner may be displayed in Texas College Bridge on your dashboard:
You will see the second banner, when available, on your reports dashboard. Click the Advanced Reporting button, and you will see it just beneath the page banner:
Clicking either banner will take you directly to the Notifications center.
You can always access the Notifications Dashboard directly by doing the following:
- Log into Texas College Bridge, then click on the Advanced Reporting button from your dashboard
- Hover over your name in the top banner and a drop-down menu will appear
- Click on the My Notifications link:
- You will see a table, indicating the number of unread notifications. Click the Details link and the page will expand to show you you these notifications:
Each row of this table is associated with a new submission and will include the following details:
- Date Sent: when the student submitted the essay and the notification was generated
- About: the email address of the student this row is about
The following actions may be available for each row:
- Grade: click on this link to grade the student's essay (more details about grading here). If the essay has already been graded (by you or someone else), this link will not be available.
- History: click on this link to see this student's essay submission history (more details in this section below).
- Archive: if you no longer wish to see this notification in your table, you can click this link to Archive it. Archived messages can be accessed by clicking on the View Archive icon above the table:
This table will default to only displaying new (unread) notifications. Click the Show all link to see all non-archived notifications.
Accessing a student's Essay
You can also access a student's essay directly, outside of the Notifications Dashboard. To see the essay history, you need to visit the student's Detailed Reports, and the essay is available on the Resources Studied tab:
From the Advanced Reports dashboard:
- Click on the Student Data tab
- In this table, locate the student you're interested in and click the Study Path Details link
- You will see a pop-up window: click on the goal & study path you're interested in to be taken to the detailed student reports.
- Click on the Resources Studied tab:
- The essay will be included in the List of resources table, with the following details:
Name: Texas College Bridge Essay
Collection: Texas College Bridge Essay
- The following actions may be available:
- If the essay has not been graded yet, you can click the Grade link to grade it (more details here).
- Click on the Study-Sessions link to see details about when the student visited their essay in EdReady and how long they had the writing area open.
- Click on the History link to see the student's past submissions. You will be able to see a table of the grade and the name of the grader, as well as access the writing (and any comments provided by the grader).