This article contains the following information:
- Adding Inactivity Reason to a Student
If you have a student that started the Texas College Bridge program but will not be completing, please use the Inactivity Reason category to indicate the reason they are no longer working in the program. This allows TEA and your ISD to accurately flag this student as no longer participating versus as a student who has not met the certificate requirements, ensuring better reporting regarding your District's completion and participation data.
The available Inactivity Reasons:
- Moved out of the district
- Early Graduate
- Met College Readiness Standards-Both
- Met College Readiness Standards-English
- Met College Readiness Standards-Math
- Committee Decision
- Schedule Change
Note: if you feel like the reason you need is not listed here, please reach out to the Texas College Bridge team (TexasCollegeBridge@tea.texas.gov) and they can add it to your ISD's setup.
Adding Inactivity Reason to a Student
Inactivity Reason is a Category you can use to label a student, just like High School, Graduation Year, etc. and can be applied in the same way:
Update an individual student
1. Login to Texas College Bridge
2. Click the Manage Account button from your EdReady dashboard to access the administrative pages in EdReady.
3. You will land on the Groups tab: click on the Students tab
4. Click the Edit icon () for the user you want to update
5. Click on the user's Categories tab
6. Click the Assign new category button
7. Select Inactivity Reason from the dropdown menu, then click the Next button
8. Click the Create Value button above the table:
9. In the pop-up window, select the user's reason they are inactive (not completing Texas College Bridge) from the Values dropdown menu:
10. Click the Save button
You can click on the Categories link in the breadcrumbs at the top of the page to return to this student's list of assigned categories: you will see their Inactivity Reason listed.
Apply the same Reason to multiple students
If you have several students that need the same Inactivity Reason (value) applied, you can use the Bulk Edit functionality to add this Category (Inactivity Reason) and Value to all selected students. More information on using the Bulk Edit functionality available HERE.